Pre-Odorization and Temporary Odorization
GPL Odorizers designs and manufactures portable and temporary odorization systems which permit pipelines to avoid disruption of service commonly incurred during construction. Temporary units also are employed during natural gas pipe pickling, pipeline conditioning, or pre-odorization.
• Vertical 60-gallon odorant tank rated at 250 PSI but operated at 30 PSI via a customer supplied nitrogen tank mounted on the skid
• Stainless steel containment vessel
• Swagelok Series 60 isolation ball valves for odorant fill and supply, vent, bypass and blanket gas
• Odorant tank relief valve
• Pressure regulator and check valve for blanket gas
• All interconnecting tubing
• Pressure regulator and hose for blanket gas connection to a nitrogen tank
• Mounted odorant filter with replaceable cartridge
Natural Gas Pipeline Pickling and Odor Fade
Natural gas pipeline pickling is a process of pickling new gas pipe. New polyethylene and steel pipe commonly cause odor fade, the loss of odorant, which makes detecting gas difficult. For this reason new pipelines should be conditioned before placing into service. Pre-odorization assures the safe delivery of odorized gas.
If you are interested in a contractor for pickling of natural gas lines we recommend Linc Energy Systems, they are the GPL Odorizers master distributor and has a reputable Contract Services division.
Other Odorant Injection System Upgrades
GPL Odorizers offers full packaged odorization skids with the odorizer, ASME odorant tank, and containment assemblies; in both vertical and horizontal tank configurations.
To add an extra level of protection from weather, environmental events, and security, we offer the upgrade of a Shelter Works custom-built fiberglass building to house the entire odorization system.
GPL 100 Flow Meter
The GPL 100 thermal mass flow meter upgrade, assures that the GPL 750 odorizer provides accurate, optimal and repeatable gas odorization.